Saturday, 3 January 2015

Hot water with lemon

And here we are. Day three already in the brand new year of 2015.
If you, like me, overindulged a little over the holidays, here's a great little detox that for me seems to work wonders and it is so simple:
Hot water with lemon, and if you feel a little extra adventurous put a little cayenne pepper or cinnamon in it. I start every morning with hot water, lemon and a bit of cayenne pepper to kick start my sluggish metabolism. For me it seems to work wonders. 

The biggest health benefit of the humble lemon is that it is antibacterial, antiviral and has immune boosting powers and Lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons are high in Vitamin C, which we all know is great for fighting colds, they balance your PH Levels, clears your skin, energises and enhances your mood, promotes healing and hydrates your lymph system. So how about doing a little experiment and change your morning coffee for a hot lemon drink for a few days. I am sure your body will thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment