Sunday, 23 March 2014

Long haul flights

So it is that time of year again, when we finally check out of London and check back into our more relaxed, laid back island life.
 Now I've gone through the whole winter without even a hint of a cold/flu this year, so what happens?
The minute I step off our long haul plane and put my feet on Bali ground I can feel my throat tingling. I ended up with a horrible head-cold, fever, non-stop coughing and a complete loss of smell. So not good timing!!! 
My body is struggling to get used to the heat, my skin is so white I swear it glows in the dark and I reckon I am about 10 kg's heavier than when I left this lovely place in November. I blame it on winter!

As per our usual schedule the first couple of days here are spent running around like headless chickens trying to organise food to bring down to our Paradise, cat-food for our little cats, paints, tools, surfboards, tide-charts, the list goes on and on and on....we don't travel light.
We air freighted our cargo off yesterday and today was spent in total bliss, frolicking in the sun, relaxing by the Ku De Ta's sunbeds and taking a well earned breather. Tomorrow we are flying out of here and back to our Paradise island. 
I cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. Awww..Bali sounds magical and I am so sorry that you have a cold. Feel better soon, lovely and have a beautiful day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete