Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Last days in Trafoi


I got to take Linda and Jillie to my favourite walk into the little forest and on the way we had to say hello to the horse Matilde and his best friend the Mule who you cannot see in this picture.

 Whisky, the village dog decided he wanted to join us as well. it is a good 2 hours walk there and back and he is the sweetest dog!
 On the way back from our walk we stopped by the Bella Vista to have a look at all of Gustav Thoni's medals. Gustav is probably ranked among on of Italy's best skiers ever, he has three Olympic medals and a total of four overall World Cup titles. Thoni was the dominant skier in the 1970's in slalom and giant slalom, and even today he is supreme in his skiing. He and his family runs the Bella Vista hotel in Trafoi.
 My knees are about as shattered as they have ever been.
I can hardly snowboard anymore and have taken to snowshoeing as it seems less hard on my knees, (plus if I am totally realistic I really need to loose some of the Xmas/ holiday weight as at the moment I feel like a balloon).


And there are heaps of tracks to chose from up here on the mountain and they will all give you an excellent workout! 

2 comments:

  1. "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make." – Paul McCartney

    Happy Valentine's day, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a great Valentines!

      Delete