Tuesday, 17 January 2012

-11

The last couple of days it has been pretty fresh outside and absolutely freezing on the chairlift in the mornings. It hasn't snowed for a little while and the piste is slowly getting rock hard in the morning.
Not a good combination for my knees.
So, I have been walking up the mountain most mornings. It is a great way to start the day as it actually strengthens my knees and I get to see the sunrise over the mountain tops, which is pretty spectacular.

Once up I am saturated in sweat  so I always bring fresh layers of clothes with me. Then I sit down on the outside of the restaurant enjoying a warm apple drink which is made locally before I hit the slopes with John, attempting to get a few runs of snowboarding in, before the cold hits me.


No comments:

Post a Comment