Wednesday, 24 August 2011

The wedding

The reason we found ourselves in Halden was because of Solvi's wedding. As you know i've been looking forward to this for a very long time.
Solvi got married inside a 16th Century fortress and she was a stunning bride.
I felt very honoured to be chosen as one of her two bridesmaids. Her sister Tone being the other. A bit unusual was the amount of papparazzi that had assembled up there for the day trying to catch a photo of Solvi, her husband and all their known guests. The guests got driven up from Halden town in old Cadillac's, Pontiacs, Lincoln's from the 50's, 60's and 70's and of course Solvi's blue Rolls Royce so it was quite a spectacle.
I felt like sprinting up the road as I can honestly say big crowds is not my forte. Especially big crowds with their camera's in your face. Thank heavens I had Tone there right next to me who is much more capable of handling the press and seems to be born to do so with such ease.
I've known Solvi for a very, very long time now and even though we spend more time apart than we do together these days I think there is a bond between us that will never be broken. She has an uncanny ability to know exactly how I feel and what I am doing and can read me like an open book and vice versa. It is not unusual for us to pick up our phones at exactly the same time just to call each other.
It was a very touching day and the tears and laughter were never far apart. I also truly believe she was the most stunning bride I ever saw!
Also check out John in his first suit! Very impressive! The wedding day continued into the night and the food was absolutely awesome........... What went down inside the fortress at the party?..... All I can say is that we boogied down until four in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Endelig fikk eg se ebay kjolen:)hehe,var kjempe fin og satt som ett skudd!!! ;)Såg bilde av deg i se og hør men ikke kjolen,så det var bra du la ut bilde!:)Klem fra Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty at every turn. What a gorgeous bevvy of women. John, I do believe you hair is missing its blond highlights...? Was the grandstand for the wedding? Congratulations Solvi & Harold.

    ReplyDelete