Saturday, 11 June 2011

Visitors

We average about 5 - 10 visitors per day, although in the busy season, (July-August) it is not unlikely to have 20-25 visitors come by in a day. I've given up on making tea/coffee to our visitors as if I did I'd be drinking tea the whole day. Some people are just random passer-by's who want to check out our house, thinking it is a bed and breakfast place, whilst others are our neighbours and friends. (The expat community down here is getting bigger every year). I've had complete strangers waltzing in demanding to know where the reception is in a very snotty manner, and I must say it gives me a huge satisfaction when I inform them that this is a private property and to bugger off. I made a sign up the front last year with "John and Hildi" written on it, so luckily we don't get too many of those people here anymore.

Today I had Sally come down for a cup of coffee and it is always great to catch up with her. Even though she only lives about 15mins walk on the beach from my house I had not seen her for over a week. (It is amazingly scary how confined you get within your own property and how hard it is to get out and go visit other people once you finished with your surf).

She brought with her magazines today, which is always a welcome treat as we are starved for mags down here and a special treat: almond/date/honey/nut cake. Yummy galore!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making me a cuppa in between all your other visitors, and letting me use your oven to bake a treat. Anyone interested in the view of island life from my end of the beach,pop over to my blog at www.remoteandraw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete