Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Market day

Tuesdays is market day here on the island. That's where we go to get all our food supplies, (read: vegetables, fruit, tempeh, tofu, seeds etc), for the week. When I woke up this morning it was raining so hard it was raining upwards. I did not feel like getting out of bed at all but the idea of living off muesli and yoghurt for a week got me going. So I cut a hole in a big black rubbish bin liner and put it over my head and off I went on my push bike.

I was an hour later than normal this morning and when I got to the market the stalls were still unpacking their goodies. Walking ankle deep in a fine mixture of cow, pig and goat poo made my trip there super quick. Got hold of the most important things: potatoes, limes, green leafy vegetable, bananas. I miss the tomatoes though. Hasn't been one in sight since we got here. Would have taken pictures but sadly my camera is not waterproof so I'll save that for a sunny day. (Will it ever be sunny again here)?
What to do with the rest of the day?
I think I will have my first cup of coffee this month, crank up the generator and put "Dirty Dancing" on.

No comments:

Post a Comment