Sunday, 20 March 2011

Bodily hang up's


Winter hides a multitude of sins.

Hairy legs, an ever expanding waistline, cellulite and a fabulous blue/grey/whitish skin colour, and I must admit I hadn't given any of these much of a thought until today.

Our first day in Bali, and we wake up in our hotel room nearly a full day after we landed, so jet lagged and tired that we must've slept for like 14 hours straight.

Time to get into a bikini and go for a walk on the beach.

But hang on a second: I cannot remember me being this white since forever. And where did all these soft lumps, (read: love handles), come from. And what is this on my bum? Cellulite? Never!

Somehow my brand new hot pink bikini does not look so good on my still bluish coloured body. What was I thinking?So I have two choices here: I can stop self obsessing too much over my body and head to the beach and just enjoy feeling the beautiful rays on the sun on my body again or I can go back to sleep.

I choose off course the first. Happy to be free of clothes we walk down to the beach only to be met by some of the local Bli's that John has known since forever.

"John, Hildi! When you back? Very Fat yeah?!" And the dude proceeds to pat John on the stomach

.

And all my built up strength comes crashing down.


1 comment:

  1. come on, where are the full body shots? I want proof. Your foot looks lovely and rather tanned.

    ReplyDelete