Saturday, 15 January 2011

1hour, 15 mins


I've been walking up from Trafoi village, (1,750m), to the Furkelhutte, (2,550m) a couple of times now and are happy to say I've cut down my time from 2 hours to today's best 1 hour and 15 minutes.
It should be noted that the local heroes do it in 35-40 minutes. The buggers must run up the hill so I have a long, long way to go. The record is 28 mins from the bottom of the ticket booth to the top of the T-bar lift (!)
It is quite a breathtaking walk, literally and physically and on the walk up I always manage to spot some deer, birds, etc.
John's always up first thing in the morning and is having a blast on his board.

The reward up the top is something called Apfelguhmix, basically warm apple drink and it tastes awesome.

After a little rest in the hut I'm normally on my board trying to get a few hours in, before my knees cave in.

2 comments:

  1. what a fantastic photo of you in action. When's Bunge going to hit the jumps? Want to see some aerial actionm, upside down of course. You must have legs of steel by now. x

    ReplyDelete