Thursday, 30 December 2010

Walking the ridge


After a week of heavy snow falls and a couple of days of sunshine we have now run out of the easy access powder runs.
That means one thing: On with the snowshoes and start walking.

John took me up to one of his runs: the ridge.
It is a scary walk up the ridge and my heart was pumping loudly in my chest the whole time.

On top of the world? Here is a view of some of the 18 different ski resorts that is close to Trafoi.
Shitting myself and thoughts of avalanches followed me the whole way up there.

It took us about an hour to get to our destination before we dropped off into the untouched virgin snow.

Totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. How did you get John to carry your board!? He didn't do that for me!!!!!! So jealous of you guys...shred Gomagoi for me! -Kate

    ReplyDelete